12 Kid-Approved Meals

I usually post one of my own recipes on Thursdays, but I didn’t have time this week. So I’ve got 12 Kid-Approved Meals from Pinterest for you! Not a bad trade-off, huh?

One of my Facebook readers, Kristina P said she’d love to see “kid-approved meals” as she was tired of the typical chicken nuggets, mac ‘n cheese, etc. So Kristina, this is for you – and the millions of other moms out there who would love some inspiration for new kid-friendly meals.

Now I’ll insert my little “disclaimer” here because we all know what “kid-approved” means, right? “Other people’s kids have approved (my own kids have “approved” of at least two here), but whether yours will? Well…that’s up to them. But maybe you’ll get one or two winners from here, yes?

Okay, okay so I included one mac’ n cheese recipe – it’s my very own homemade recipe that my kids love. Just one.

From top row, left to right:

What’s your favorite tried-and-true “Kid Approved” recipe?

Erika, the founder of Musings From a SAHM, is happily married and a homeschooling mom to four children. She lives in New Hampshire and has a passion for writing, encouraging other moms, her family, and Jesus. She also enjoys baking, spending time with friends, and is an aspiring photographer.

Comments

1. My fav. kid approved recipe is shepards pie. Even my one that doesn’t like veggies eats it!!!

2. Yum, yum, yum Erika! Thanks!
    Blessings!
    Shari Lynne recently posted..Avodah Coffee Review and Giveaway!My Profile

3. Jennifer Mae Hiles

I’ve been looking for a post like this! I’m a first time mom with a 16 month old and sometimes I just have know idea what I should be feeding her!

4. Fabulous recipe roundup! Thanks so much for featuring my recipe!
    Angela recently posted..2012 Holiday Gift Guide: Submit Your Products!My Profile

5. serena adkins says:

Thanks for sharing these ideas. This is gonna be helpful when trying to create meals for my 4 year old son.

6. My son likes beef stew. I only put beef, potatoes and carrots in it and then make sure there’s gravy. It’s a hit every time.

7. Hermit Forall says:

This is great! Anyone can use ways to improve/healthify meals. Thanks

8. This looks like a great book.

9. heather hrpcha says:

thanks for sharing this

10. These are great ideas and the visuals really make me want to try some of these recipes out.
    Yona recently posted..What is the #DewCrew ?My Profile

11. I have been looking for a Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe cause my kids luv the one out of the box and tho convenient it has sooooooooooooooooo many bad ingredients…thanks for sharing these recipes!

12. trista doerfer says:

these are great ideas

13. We do a lot of cooking with kids with four always in the kitchen, not only do we have good eaters,but we use this for math, and science and sometimes art. Gets us through some of the long learning lesson, as a visual aid–thanks for the great ideas

14. Wow! Yummy!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Michelle recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Adoption Symbol TattooMy Profile

15. Nena Sinclair

I like this! I’m going to pass it onto my daughter, my grandson is an extremely picky eater!