Note: this is a guest post from Kandi, who blogs at Gluten Free for Jen.
In our house, eating healthy is important. We are also a mixed house in the sense that two of us have Gluten Intolerance and two of us do not. So I try to create meals that are safe for my daughter and I buy something my husband and son will love. I do a lot of natural cooking; we eat a lot of things that are naturally gluten free, like fresh meat and fresh veggies and fruits.
Today I wanted to share with you a recipe I came across and fell in love with: Salmon with Orange Glaze. I have altered it of course to my family’s liking.
This recipe for Salmon with Orange Glaze is easy to make and budget friendly, as long as you purchase the salmon while it is on sale! The best way to prepare this is with fresh salmon from your meat department. If you get it while it is in season that is even better!
- 4 4 ounce Salmon Fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup diced green pepper (optional- I left this out)
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Marmalade
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat over to 425.
- Place the fillets skin side down in a greased baking dish. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork
- While that is baking in a saucepan heat up oil and saute the garlic and pepper until tender (about 2 minutes) add in the Orange Marmalade and the Orange Juice and heat through.
- Spoon over salmon to serve
- © Musings From a Stay At Home Mom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this post for the recipe.
About Me: My name is Kandi and I am the writer/owner of the blog Gluten Free for Jen. My daughter and I found out about our food allergy in May 2011. In December 2011 I wanted to share my adventures with other moms. I created Gluten Free for Jen to share natural, healthy and budget friendly recipes, craft ideas, saving tips, and information about Gluten Intolerance and Celiac. It was also created as my sounding board while my husband was away training for our State Law Enforcement Agencies (he was gone for 6 months) so there is a lot of misc ramblings from a stay at home mom.
© Musings From a Stay At Home Mom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this post for the recipe.