Mom Humor – Clean House Yesterday

Isn’t this saying often the truth for us moms? I really did have a clean house yesterday!  It’s just not clean now. And I am sorry you missed it.

I used to be quite the perfectionist, especially when it came to having my house be perfect when people came to visit. As I had more children, I started to realize I had to let go of that if I didn’t want to be stressed all the time. I’m still a work in progress, but I’m doing better with it. That’s why this sign is perfect for me. To me, it says  “You know, I’d really love for my house to be clean all the time. But I have kids and that’s just not possible. And I’m ok with that.”

I think every mom should have a sign like this.

My good friend, Kylee, made this sign for me.  Just with wood and paint. Didn’t she do an amazing job?
I am trying to convince her to start a home business selling these. She can customize just about any sign idea.
Wouldn’t you love to get a custom-made sign?

Erika, the founder of Musings From a SAHM, is happily married with four energetic children. She lives in New Hampshire and has a passion for encouraging other moms, photography, and Jesus. She also enjoys baking, spending time with friends, and attempting to keep her home organized.

Comments

1. that is the story of my life! :)
    Anna W. recently posted..I was awarded this cool award, and I’m awarding 7 others (you may be one!)My Profile

2. Nicole - Mama to 4 Blessings

that;s funny and yet so true!

3. I so need to clean! My house is a mess!
    JDaniel4’s Mom recently posted..Playing Outside: ChalkMy Profile

4. Love it !! I think I’ll make one : )
    Debbie recently posted..Healthier, Skinnier Me!! {this is where it begins}My Profile

5. Mara

My house is always clean yesterday…

6. You speak the truth! LOL!

7. Clean??what is this clean you speak of?? lol My house hasn’t seen clean in………………………………………………I’ll get back to you on that.lol
    Mellissa Hanks recently posted..Killing Ants SafelyMy Profile

8. This sign is the best! I would have to put it up once a month, it never stays clean for more than a day after!
    Deanna recently posted..Help, My Child Is Addicted to Technology!My Profile

9. Haha I love that!

10. melissa says:

Haha- so funny! you need to link this up on my Sat laughs!! Love it!

11. she did do an amazing job – it looks professional :)
    Renee recently posted..Wordless Wednesday 06/13/12 : Discovering MusicMy Profile

12. Would totally love that sign!!!

13. melissa says:

HAHA- love it!!

14. Nicole - Mama to 4 Blessings

I love that – so true! :)

15. Jennifer Clay says:

Haha!! I think every mom should own this sign!

16. I totally need one of those signs!
    Trisha G. recently posted..Rockin’ Babies Book ReviewMy Profile

17. I love it! I always go into like super clean mode when I have friends come over, maybe a sign like this would leave for less of a let down XD